CORONA VIRUS - Official Club Policy Statement
JDCSA Policy Statement re Corona Virus Covid-19
(IUpdated 22 April 2020)
We are all very well aware of the global implications of the current Corona Virus, COVID-19. It is very clear that the policy of “Social Distancing” is the most important action individuals and social groups and clubs can take at this time to get ahead of this virus. As a club it is important that we cooperate and be seen to be compliant in this regard.
Therefore the following policy statement has been issued by the JDCSA Executive Committee in the interests of all club members and the wider community. We are conscious of the general age group of club members and the vulnerability of those in the over 60 category.
The Executive Committee has therefore determined as follows:
- We require non-attendance at any club events by members returning from overseas or if they know they may have had contact with infected persons within a previous 14-day period. Obviously similar action applies to members who are experiencing flu-like symptoms. This policy should be observed for as long as the current crisis continues or until further notice. Hand sanitation should be observed at all times.
- The General Monthly Meetings of JDCSA will be cancelled for the remainder of 2020, any change to this arrangement will be communicated to members. A further statement will be issued in relation to future Monthly General Meeting during May.
- All activities, meetings and events arranged by Registers will also be cancelled for the remainder of 2020. Any meeting or event organised in the name of the JDCSA for the remainder of 2020 requires the explicit approval of the JDCSA Executive Committee.
- We anticipate that the Executive Committee will continue to meet monthly to monitor and oversee club events and activities via ZOOM / digital conferencing and/or email conversations. We will be constantly monitoring developments along with any Government instructions and will issue further updates as, and if, appropriate.
- Basic protective measures against the new Corona Virus
as issued by official health organisations include:
- Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the WHO website and through your national and local public health authority and media.
- Take care of your health and protect others by doing
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitiser,
- In public gatherings maintain at least 1.5 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid physical contact such as handshakes etc.
JDCSA Executive Committee
Did you miss SA Jag Day? . . . . here is a taste of what you missed.
Thanks to Dan - Auto Media
Thanks to Dan - Auto Media
Jaguar Driver's Club of South Australia
Established in 1973 the Jaguar Drivers Club has for over 40 years catered for those people of all ages with an interest in Jaguars (including SS & Daimler models) from the 1935 SS100 to the latest XF, XE, XJ models and the popular F Type, F Pace, and E Pace .
Club members include owners of Concours E-Types and Mark 2s, the latest XKRs and F-Type to the ever popular XJ saloons many of which are still used and enjoyed as daily drivers.
If you have an interest in Jaguar cars you will enjoy the activities and friendship offered by this family friendly club. Interested people are encouraged to contact us to learn more about club activities CLICK HERE
JDCSA Sponsors for 2018 / 2019